Sunday, April 11, 2010

Revised State Recruiting Rankings; Baseball Loses Series at Auburn


RECRUITING

I have revised my state recruiting rankings and shuffled a few players around.  A few people have asked me what criteria I use when ranking players.  I look at three things:

1) First, I watch highlight films and use my own eyes to determine how I think a prospect projects at the college level. 

2) I look at what schools have offered a prospect.  I'm not a professional talent scout or evaluator.  However, coaches of major college programs are.  So I put a lot of stock into what they think. 

3) Lastly, I take into consideration the recruiting services such as Rivals, Scout, and ESPN. 

Right now, my rankings only go up to #17; however, I have a watch list of other in-state prospects that are on the radar.  I've also added a list of offers for each prospect along with links to video where available.  It's still early in the recruiting process, and schools will be doing a great deal of evaluating during the spring period and the summer camp circuit.  We'll see a lot of new prospects emerge and a lot of new offers get issued. 

Here are the rankings

BASEBALL

LSU ran into a very good hitting team and lost two games this weekend to Auburn.  On Friday, LSU had the game well in hand before the bullpen allowed Auburn to make it interesting in the end. 

On Saturday, Chris Matulis had his first poor outing of the season allowing six runs in five innings.  LSU was never able to recover even though they scored seven runs. 

Sunday saw a close game where Auburn got one more big hit than LSU. 

LSU is now second in the SEC West with an 8-4 record, one game behind Arkansas.  The Tigers play Tulane on Wednesday before hosting Alabama next weekend. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Saturday Night Slant - LSU Sports & Recruiting